This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior managers who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- Area manager or operations manager
- Café owner or manager
- Club secretary or manager
- Executive chef
- Executive housekeeper
- Executive sous chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Head chef
- Motel owner or manager
- Rooms division manager
- Department manager
- Regional Manager
- Business Manager
- Senior Administration
- Production Manager
No occupational licensing, certification or specific legislative requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
104 Weeks equating to 94 study weeks plus 10 weeks for holidays
Traineeship – full-time, part-time, or school-based.
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships (SATs) allow school students to work for an employer, as paid employees, and undertake training towards a qualification, whilst studying towards their Queensland Certificate of Education and/or Overall Position (OP) score. Trainees complete this qualification and learn skills at work.
Please contact us for course fees.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, as per the training package, but they must meet English and academic entry requirements.
Learners should demonstrate a LLN Proficiency or equivalent and have a minimum of 10 – 12 years of education (AQF Level 2 Graduate).
Reasonable computer skills and access to email and internet are strongly recommended.
• SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
• SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
• SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
• SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
• SITHIND001 Use hygienic practice for hospitality service
• BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
• BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
• BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
• SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
• SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
• SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
• SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
• SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items
• SITXINV004 Control stock
• SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
• SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
• SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
• SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
• SITHACS001 Clean premises and equipment
• SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
• SITHCCC004 Package prepared foodstuffs
• SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
• SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
• SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
• SITXWHS004 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
• BSBFIA302 Process payroll
• BSBFIM601 Manage finances
• SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
• SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
• SITXFIN005 Manage physical assets
• SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
• SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
• SITXMPR007 Develop and implement marketing strategies
Please contact us for a copy of Training and Assessment Strategy
The format for delivery/assessment is blended delivery which will include classroom and workplace-based delivery.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER
Do you have your USI yet? All students of vocational and educational training are required by the Australian Government to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have a USI, we cannot issue your Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Statement of Attainment or Transcript. A USI also gives you easy online access to your enrolment and results information. To register for your USI click here.
ACCC guidelines for enrolling into a VET Course: Click Here
Know your rights before signing up for a training course: Click Here