This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, caf s, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Possible job titles include:
- banquet or function manager
- bar manager
- caf manager
- chef de cuisine
- chef patissier
- club manager
- executive housekeeper
- front office manager
- gaming manager
- kitchen manager
- motel manager
- restaurant manager
- sous chef
- unit manager catering operations.
104 Weeks equating to 94 study weeks plus 10 weeks for holidays
Traineeship – full-time, part-time, or school-based.
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships (SATs) allow school students to work for an employer, as paid employees, and undertake training towards a qualification, whilst studying towards their Queensland Certificate of Education and/or Overall Position (OP) score. Trainees complete this qualification and learn skills at work.
Please contact us for course fees.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, as per the training package. However, domestic students will need to have access to a suitable workplace for traineeship, which will need to be approved by the RTO prior to accepting enrolment.
Learners should be aged 14 years or over, demonstrate a LLN Proficiency or equivalent have a minimum of 10 – 12 years of education. Reasonable computer skills and access to email and internet are strongly recommended.
|Course Schedule: Total duration = 104 weeks; Total holiday time = 10 weeks|
Type of Training
|Number of Weeks||
|Workplace Visits||4 hours per visit||44 visits||176|
6 hours per week
|Supervised Workplace Hours||8 hours per week||94 weeks||752|
|Contact by Trainer & Assessor||1 hour per week||94 weeks||94|
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and Manage quality customer service practises
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXINV004 Control stock
- SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
Please contact us for a copy of Training and Assessment Strategy
The format for delivery/assessment is blended delivery which will include classroom and workplace-based delivery.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER
Do you have your USI yet? All students of vocational and educational training are required by the Australian Government to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have a USI, we cannot issue your Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Statement of Attainment or Transcript. A USI also gives you easy online access to your enrolment and results information. To register for your USI click here.
ACCC guidelines for enrolling into a VET Course: Click Here
Know your rights before signing up for a training course: Click Here