This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in various kitchen settings, such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.
Possible job titles include:
- chef de partie.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIT40413 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery, individuals could progress to SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality.
104 Weeks equating to 94 study weeks plus 10 weeks for holidays
Traineeship – full-time, part-time, or school-based.
School-based apprenticeships and traineeships (SATs) allow school students to work for an employer, as paid employees, and undertake training towards a qualification, whilst studying towards their Queensland Certificate of Education and/or Overall Position (OP) score. Trainees complete this qualification and learn skills at work.
Please contact us for course fees.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, as per the training package, but they must meet English and academic entry requirements.
However, domestic students will need to have access to a suitable workplace for traineeship, which will need to be approved by the RTO prior to accepting enrolment.
Learners should be aged 14 years or over, demonstrate a LLN Proficiency or equivalent and have a minimum of 10 – 12 years of education (AQF Level 2 Graduate).
Reasonable computer skills and access to email and internet are strongly recommended.
Academic Entry Requirements
Students must meet the following requirements and prerequisite to enter this course. Students must be of 18 years of age at the time of course commencement.
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetables, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus
- SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable Items
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHCCC004 Package prepared foodstuff
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on hospitality industry
- SITXINV001 Receive and store stock
- SITHFAB016 Provide advice on food
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXINV003 Purchase Goods
Please contact us for a copy of Training and Assessment Strategy
The format for delivery/assessment is blended delivery which will include classroom and workplace-based delivery.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER
Do you have your USI yet? All students of vocational and educational training are required by the Australian Government to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you do not have a USI, we cannot issue your Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Statement of Attainment or Transcript. A USI also gives you easy online access to your enrolment and results information. To register for your USI click here.
ACCC guidelines for enrolling into a VET Course: Click Here
Know your rights before signing up for a training course: Click Here