WHAT IS “CERTIFICATE 3 GUARANTEE”?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee supports eligible individuals to complete first post-school certificate III qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career. It also supports school students to access training and Queensland’s Year 12 graduates to transition to employment by providing fee-free training in high priority qualifications.
Certificate 3 Guarantee Training Factsheet click here
Funded training is available for individuals who are:
- Queensland residents aged 15 years or over
- No longer at school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency
- Not holding, and not enrolled in, a Certificate III level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training)
To be eligible to receive the Certificate 3 Guarantee, students must not already hold, or be currently studying a Certificate III or higher-level qualification. This includes any equivalent Certificate III or higher-level training completed at university or through an apprenticeship or traineeship. It does not matter if you paid for this training or if it was subsidised by the government.
However, Certificate III qualifications completed while at school and foundation skills courses are not counted and you will still be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee.
Students have access to government subsidised training for one completed Certificate III qualification.
Eligible applicants are required to contribute to the costs of their training through a co-contribution fee. The fee may be paid on your behalf by an employer or another third party and is charged at the time of enrolment. There is a requirement to complete a student employment survey within three months of completing or discontinuing the qualification.
|Qualification||Co-contribution fees Non-Concession||Co-contribution fees Concession|
SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
$15 for a full qualification, $1 per unit of competency
|$10 for a full qualification|
Concessional student status applies when:
- The student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- The student provides Zest Institute with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that the student, their partner or the person of whom the student is a dependent is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card
- The student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- The student is a school student and is enrolled in a VETiS program (may include young people in detention)
- The student has a disability
- The student is an adult prisoner